Sunday, May 6, 2007

Get things done, task management and open source software

I've been looking this week end for some kind of task manager software, and remembered seeing some posts on the pymc's blog. Problem is, all those software are either mac specific or web-based only. What I am looking for is
  1. a software which is able to handle projets as a a set of tasks
  2. there should be time management (eg set the time a task should take, and a timeline to get a view of all the projects at the same time)
  3. should work on linux, and ideally should be open source.
I found two softwares which seem to fit this description:
  1. tracks: web-based (use ruby on rails)
  2. thinking rock: java-based.
I took the time to set-up tracks, and found some review there. Thinking rock also got its review recently here. I will take time to use them a bit the next few days, to see which one fits me the best.

No comments: